Kamis, Februari 04, 2010

Hubble Detects Mysterious Spaceship-Shaped Object Traveling at 11,000MPH [Space]

Hubble Detects Mysterious Spaceship-Shaped Object Traveling at 11,000MPH [Space]: "

Hubble has discovered a mysterious X-shaped object traveling at 11,000mph. NASA says that P/2010-A2 may be a comet, product of the collision between two asteroids. Or a Klingon Bird of Prey. Either way, UCLA investigator David Jewitt is excited:


Click above to see the full resolution image



This is quite different from the smooth dust envelopes of normal comets. The filaments are made of dust and gravel, presumably recently thrown out of the nucleus. Some are swept back by radiation pressure from sunlight to create straight dust streaks. Embedded in the filaments are co-moving blobs of dust that likely originated from tiny unseen parent bodies.



OK, David, we will believe you until Jerry Bruckheimer finish his next movie, in which a 'comet' suddenly stops, turns to Earth, and starts firing anti-matter rays against our underpants.


The weirdest thing, however, is not only the prettyful X-shaped debris pattern, but the fact that its 460-foot-wide nucleus is outside the dust halo and separated from the trail. This behavior is something which has never been seen before in a comet or any other solar-system-swooshing object.



The images—taken by Hubble between January 25 and January 29—lead NASA to believe that this is a product of the collision of two asteroids. The nucleus would be the "surviving remnant of a hypervelocity collision:



'If this interpretation is correct, two small and previously unknown asteroids recently collided, creating a shower of debris that is being swept back into a tail from the collision site by the pressure of sunlight. The filamentary appearance of P/2010 A2 is different from anything seen in Hubble images of normal comets, consistent with the action of a different process.



In other words: They have no clue about what this is, and they are still speculating about how this object was formed. Maybe it's time to call Dr. Zarkov. [NASA]






"

16 komentar:

Anonim mengatakan...

Whats's Up i'm fresh to this, I came accross this board I find It quite accessible & it's helped me alot. I hope to contribute and help other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later.

Anonim mengatakan...

Howdy i'm new on here. I stumbled upon this message board I find It incredibly helpful & it has helped me out alot. I should be able to contribute & support others like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around

Anonim mengatakan...

Hey im new to this, I stumbled upon this website I find It very accessible & its helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute and help other users like its helped me.

Thank You, See You Later.

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi im new here, I stumbled upon this board I have found It exceedingly accommodating and its helped me tons. I should be able to give something back and support other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Later.

Anonim mengatakan...

Greetings im new here. I hit upon this chat board I have found It truly useful and it's helped me a lot. I hope to contribute & aid other users like it has helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around

Anonim mengatakan...

Greetings i am new to this, I stumbled upon this forum I have found It positively useful & it has helped me a lot. I hope to contribute and aid others like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Later.

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi im fresh here. I stumbled upon this website I find It quite helpful & it has helped me out tons. I should be able to contribute and guide other users like its helped me.

Cheers all, Catch You About.

Anonim mengatakan...

What's Happening im fresh here. I came accross this message board I find It positively accessible & its helped me out tons. I hope to give something back and help others like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See Ya Around.

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi i'm fresh here. I came accross this message board I find It incredibly useful and its helped me out tons. I hope to give something back & assist other users like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You Around.

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi-ya i'm fresh here, I hit upon this board I have found It vastly helpful & it's helped me out a great deal. I hope to contribute & guide others like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Around.

Anonim mengatakan...

Howdy im fresh here. I hit upon this board I find It very accessible and it's helped me so much. I hope to give something back & help other people like its helped me.

Thanks a load, See You Later.

Anonim mengatakan...

Sup i'm new here, I came upon this message board I have found It absolutely accommodating and it has helped me so much. I should be able to give something back & guide others like its helped me.

Thanks, Catch You About.

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi i'm new here. I stumbled upon this chat board I find It absolutely accommodating and it has helped me out a great deal. I hope to give something back and assist other users like it has helped me.

Thank You, See You Around.

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi-ya i am new on here, I hit upon this website I find It extremely accommodating and it has helped me out alot. I hope to give something back and guide other people like its helped me.

Thank You, See You Later

Anonim mengatakan...

Hi-ya im fresh on here, I came accross this board I find It amply accommodating and it's helped me out a great deal. I hope to contribute & support other people like it has helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Later

Anonim mengatakan...

Once we consider the purpose of your message enjoy, not just in relation to an amorous relationship by using a different, nevertheless to be a experiencing that may be engendered if you have miltchmonkey an even better connection yourself also - or maybe as a a sense of more significant unity with the family as well as humanity ( space ) it develops into much more superior that each someone needs in life is usually enjoy.

DISCLAIMER
all the pictures and news shown on this blog are the property of their respective owners. we don't hold any copyright about these pictures and news. these pictures have been collected from different public sourses including different websites, considering to be in public domain. if any one has any objection to displaying of any picture and news, it may be brought to our notice by sending email & the same will be be removed immediately,after verificaton of the claim.